WHAT IS RECYCLED DOWN
Recycled down has been collected from discarded products after customer use, which is then processed and reused, which means less need for virgin raw materials. Instead of mining or creating new raw materials, it should be possible to use recycled materials instead. And the environmental impact of recycled down is 20% of virgin down.
Recycling of Down and feathers has existed in the recycling industry since ancient times. In the old times, farmers took down products to make a new filling when their duvets got damaged. They knew how precious down were, and with this practice, people began to use them as filling material for bedding products.
The process of Rewardown is mainly based on an ancient practice with the advancement of modern technology. Rewardown offer high-quality and 70% recycled down duvet.
Our advanced Reborn Workshop was specially established to recycle materials:
- We recycle the product with the support of DOWN PLUS (a comprehensive down information system enabling us to track the raw material source, quality parameters, and maintenance information).
- We classify the recycled product.
- We re-clean and process down with green energy.
- We strictly test down in professional laboratories.
- We process recycled down into new duvets.
IMPORTANCE OF RECYCLED DOWN
When we recycle, we transform old or worn-out items into something new that benefits the environment. Therefore, materials and natural resources are well-spent. In return, energy is saved during manufacturing.